This web page is dedicated to the GPL version of the Linbox Rescue Server (LRS) and provides a download of
- an auto-installable iso image on http://lrs.linbox.org/pub/lrs/demo/iso/lrs_gpl_latest.iso (put it in a PC, boot on the CD-ROM, and you'll have a nice new installation of the LRS in 3 minutes). Beware, this will TOTALLY WIPE OUT your hard disk of the partitions it had before. You are warned.
- a VMWARE Player image on http://lrs.linbox.org/pub/lrs/demo/vmware/lrs_gpl_vmware_latest.zip so that you can easily test the GPL LRS,
- old releases can be browsed here,
- individual packages are also available.
- inventory agents for Windows, GNU/Linux are here.
The LRS is released under dual licenses: a free (GPL) and a proprietary version. The current differences are :
- proprietary version has an activation key allowing a given number of client PCs,
- proprietary version allows the backup and restoration of FAT16/32 and NTFS partitions,
- proprietary version has some enterprise grade feature like multicast, post-installation on NTFS (the full comparison can be found here).
So the free (GPL) version does not have these features that are mainly useful for proprietary OS.